WILL YOUR STAFF CLAIM THE TITLE “BEST OF SHOW” AND LEAVE LOUISVILLE WITH A TROPHY?
Student media staffs attending the convention can enter general excellence categories specific to their medium and individual categories. All staffs may enter the website category.
Only delegations that include students are eligible. Entries are brought to the convention for on-site judging and winners are announced during the closing keynote on Sunday morning.
Newspaper staffs can enter two categories: One paper can be entered into the college format/frequency category and one in the special edition category.
Special edition newspapers include commemorative events, anniversaries, sports championships, retirements, installations of new college presidents and those that do multi-page reporting of a single story or related stories. Not eligible: Back-to-school and orientation week/welcome back editions.
Submit entries to the registration desk no later than 4 p.m. Friday, Oct. 26.
The entry fee for this contest is $20 for ACP members and $30 for nonmembers.
- Multimedia Package (submitted via direct URL)
- Feature Magazine
- Four-year Daily Newspaper
- Four-year Weekly Newspaper
- Four-year Less Than Weekly Newspaper
- Two-year Newspaper
- Newspaper Special Edition
- Website Large School
- Website Small School
- Yearbook (will be awarded only if five or more books enter)
What to Enter:
- Newspaper: A single issue published from the current school year (after June 30, 2018).
- Feature Magazine: One issue published since June 30, 2018.
- Websites: Updated since Sept. 1, 2018.
- Multimedia Package: must utilize at least two of the following elements—text, audio, video, photos, interactive components (maps, timelines, etc). Published from the current school year (after June 30, 2018).
- Yearbook: Your 2017-18 yearbook.
- Broadcast: a single program, no longer than 20 minutes and broadcast during the current school year, submitted via direct URL (i.e. a YouTube or Vimeo link)