WILL YOUR STAFF CLAIM THE TITLE “BEST OF SHOW” AND LEAVE LOUISVILLE WITH A TROPHY?
Student media staffs attending the convention can enter general excellence categories specific to their medium and individual categories. All staffs may enter the website category.
Only delegations that include students are eligible. Entries are brought to the convention for on-site judging and winners are announced during the closing keynote on Sunday morning.
Newspaper staffs can enter two categories: One paper can be entered into the college format/frequency category and one in the special edition category.
Special edition newspapers include commemorative events, anniversaries, sports championships, retirements, installations of new college presidents and those that do multi-page reporting of a single story or related stories. Not eligible: Back-to-school and orientation week/welcome back editions.
Submit entries to the registration desk no later than 2 p.m. Friday, Oct. 26.
The entry fee for this contest is $20 for ACP members and $30 for nonmembers.
- Multimedia Package
- Magazine: Feature
- Magazine: Literary Arts
- Newspaper: two-year campus, any frequency
- Newspaper: 1 issue per week
- Newspaper: 2 to 5 issues per week
- Newspaper: less than weekly
- Newspaper: Special Edition
- Website: More than 10,000 students
- Website: 10,000 students or less
- Yearbook: (1-299 pages)
- Yearbook: (300+ pages)
What to Enter:
- Newspaper: A single print issue published from the current school year (after June 30, 2018).
- Feature Magazine: One issue; most recently published
- Literary Arts Magazine: One issue; most recently published
- Websites: Updated since Sept. 1, 2018.
- Multimedia Package: must utilize at least two of the following elements—text, audio, video, photos, interactive components (maps, timelines, etc). Published from the current school year (after June 30, 2018). Submitted by URL.
- Yearbook: 2017-18 volume.